Extreme cold claims 13 more lives in UP
Lucknow: Biting cold claimed 13 more lives in Uttar Pradesh where Agra freezed with minimum temperature plummeting to 2.6 degree celsius on Thursday.
While three persons died due to extreme cold in Barabanki, two each died in Bijnore, Sultanpur and Chandauli and one each in Gazipur, Baghpat, Banda and Sonebhadra in the last 24 hours, officials said.
With the 13 more deaths, the toll due to intense cold this winter rose to 34 in the state.
Maximum temperatures remained below normal by 8 to 10 degrees Celsius in many parts of the state, Met office said.
Agra was coldest in the state with the minimum at 2.6 degree celsius.
Night temperatures fell largely in Gorakhpur division, fell markedly in Faizabad division and fell in Lucknow division.
They were below normal in Varanasi, Allahabad, Kanpur and Agra divisions.
MeT office has forecast mainly dry and foggy weather in the state in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant