Extreme cold claims 13 more lives in UP
Lucknow: Biting cold claimed 13 more lives in Uttar Pradesh where Agra freezed with minimum temperature plummeting to 2.6 degree celsius on Thursday.
While three persons died due to extreme cold in Barabanki, two each died in Bijnore, Sultanpur and Chandauli and one each in Gazipur, Baghpat, Banda and Sonebhadra in the last 24 hours, officials said.
With the 13 more deaths, the toll due to intense cold this winter rose to 34 in the state.
Maximum temperatures remained below normal by 8 to 10 degrees Celsius in many parts of the state, Met office said.
Agra was coldest in the state with the minimum at 2.6 degree celsius.
Night temperatures fell largely in Gorakhpur division, fell markedly in Faizabad division and fell in Lucknow division.
They were below normal in Varanasi, Allahabad, Kanpur and Agra divisions.
MeT office has forecast mainly dry and foggy weather in the state in the next 24 hours.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Shah Rukh Khan is a huge, humble star: Waluscha De Sousa
- Read Full Text: Vijay Mallya's resignation letter to Rajya Sabha
- Grapes help counter negative effects of high fat diet
- Date for estranged love-birds: Virat Kohli planning dinner for Anushka Sharma?
- India sends Letter Rogatories to six countries, requests them to seize Dawood Ibrahim's properties