Extreme cold claims 13 more lives in UP
Lucknow: Biting cold claimed 13 more lives in Uttar Pradesh where Agra freezed with minimum temperature plummeting to 2.6 degree celsius on Thursday.
While three persons died due to extreme cold in Barabanki, two each died in Bijnore, Sultanpur and Chandauli and one each in Gazipur, Baghpat, Banda and Sonebhadra in the last 24 hours, officials said.
With the 13 more deaths, the toll due to intense cold this winter rose to 34 in the state.
Maximum temperatures remained below normal by 8 to 10 degrees Celsius in many parts of the state, Met office said.
Agra was coldest in the state with the minimum at 2.6 degree celsius.
Night temperatures fell largely in Gorakhpur division, fell markedly in Faizabad division and fell in Lucknow division.
They were below normal in Varanasi, Allahabad, Kanpur and Agra divisions.
MeT office has forecast mainly dry and foggy weather in the state in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Twist in BMC poll results as BJP emerges as `largest party`
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway