Four detained in Varanasi for filming Ganga aarti with drone
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Varanasi: Four people have been detained in Varanasi, the parliamentary constituency of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, for filming `Ganga aarti` at Dashashwamedh Ghat without permission.
As per reports, the detentions took place on Thursday evening when those arrested were shooting the aarti with a drone or copter-cam.
The police and intelligence agencies are questioning the suspects.
It may be recalled that PM Modi had performed aarti at the same ghat after his party stormed to power in the Lok Sabha elections.
The suspects, from whom police recovered two walky-talkies and mobile phones, told police that they were filming for a project commissioned by a travel channel.
Their team, which comprises 12 foreigners as well, has been shooting in places like Allahabad, Varanasi, Shimla, Manali, Agra etc, the suspects claimed.
The development came less than a month after 150kg of ammonium nitrate was recovered from a car in the holy city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- China hopes for early talks with Phillipines on South China Sea
- US military aids Turkey with air cover, intelligence in anti-ISIS operation in Syria
- Record German budget surplus fuels investment debate
- Indian-origin siblings forced off easyJet plane over 'ISIS claims'
- NC delegation meets Rajnath Singh, demands ban on pellet guns use in J&K