Four detained in Varanasi for filming Ganga aarti with drone
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Varanasi: Four people have been detained in Varanasi, the parliamentary constituency of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, for filming `Ganga aarti` at Dashashwamedh Ghat without permission.
As per reports, the detentions took place on Thursday evening when those arrested were shooting the aarti with a drone or copter-cam.
The police and intelligence agencies are questioning the suspects.
It may be recalled that PM Modi had performed aarti at the same ghat after his party stormed to power in the Lok Sabha elections.
The suspects, from whom police recovered two walky-talkies and mobile phones, told police that they were filming for a project commissioned by a travel channel.
Their team, which comprises 12 foreigners as well, has been shooting in places like Allahabad, Varanasi, Shimla, Manali, Agra etc, the suspects claimed.
The development came less than a month after 150kg of ammonium nitrate was recovered from a car in the holy city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof