Four detained in Varanasi for filming Ganga aarti with drone
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Varanasi: Four people have been detained in Varanasi, the parliamentary constituency of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, for filming `Ganga aarti` at Dashashwamedh Ghat without permission.
As per reports, the detentions took place on Thursday evening when those arrested were shooting the aarti with a drone or copter-cam.
The police and intelligence agencies are questioning the suspects.
It may be recalled that PM Modi had performed aarti at the same ghat after his party stormed to power in the Lok Sabha elections.
The suspects, from whom police recovered two walky-talkies and mobile phones, told police that they were filming for a project commissioned by a travel channel.
Their team, which comprises 12 foreigners as well, has been shooting in places like Allahabad, Varanasi, Shimla, Manali, Agra etc, the suspects claimed.
The development came less than a month after 150kg of ammonium nitrate was recovered from a car in the holy city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report