Heavy rains lash UP as monsoon advances
Lucknow: Moderate to rather heavy rains and thundershowers occurred at many places over Uttar Pradesh in the past 24 hours.
According to the Met department, the southwest monsoon has further advanced into some remaining parts of the Uttar Pradesh and covered the entire state on Sunday.
It said that the southwest monsoon has been active over western UP and normal over eastern parts of the state.
Chief amount of rainfall recorded in cms was Konaon, Najibabad 5 each, Shaharanpur 4, Muzaffarnagar, Nagina and Deoband 3 each.
Day temperatures appreciably fell in Gorakhpur, Faizabad, Kanpur, Bareilly, Jhasi, Agra divisions. It fell in Varanasi, Allahabad divisions and changed little in the remaining divisions of the state.
It was largely below normal in Kanpur, Lucknow, Jhansi divisions and below normal in Gorakhpur division. The highest maximum temperature at 39.2 degree Celsius was recorded at Etawah.
The Met department forecasts rain or thundershower would occur at most places over western UP and many places over eastern parts of the state.
It has warned of heavy rainfall at isolated places over western UP during the next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'