Major rivers in UP flow above danger mark
Lucknow: Major rivers in Uttar Pradesh have crossed the danger mark as monsoon remained active over the state bringing continuous rainfall in many areas.
Rivers like Sharda and Ghagra have crossed the danger mark due to which flood looms large in various parts, official sources said here.
According the report of the Central Water commission, Sharda is flowing one meter above the danger mark at Palliakalan (Kheri) while Ghagra is flowing above the mark at Elgin Bridge (barabanki), Ayodhya (Faizabad) and Turtipar (Ballia).
Similarly, river Rapti is flowing above the danger mark at Bhinga (Shravasti), river Budhi Rapti is flowing at danger mark at Siddharthnagar, the report said.
River Ganga is rising in Kannauj, Kanpur dehat, Kanpur, Dalmau, Allahabad, Mirzapur, Varanasi, Ghazipur and Ballia while river Yamuna is flowing at danger mark in Mavi and rising in Naini (Allahabad).
River Ramganga is also flowing just below the red mark at Moradabad and rising at Bareilly and Shahjahanpur, it said.
A rainfall of 48 mm was received in Bijnor, 38.4 mm at Chatnag (Allahabad), 24 mm at Turtipar (Ballia).
Meanwhile, keeping in view the flood-like situation in many parts of UP, the state government has asked concerned district magistrates to provide timely relief to the affected people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16