Rain, thundershowers in many parts of UP
Lucknow: Moderate rain and thundershowers on Wednesday occurred in many parts of Uttar Pradesh where rivers Ganga, and Ghaghra were flowing near the danger mark.
While Sidhauli and Bhatpurawaghat received 5 cm each of rainfall, Fatehgarh and Dalmau received 4 cm each of rainfall. Jhansi, Baheri and Mirzapur received 3 cm each of rainfall, the MET department said.
The Central Water Commission said that Ganga was still flowing near the red mark at Fatehgarh and Ballia.
Sharda continued to flow above the danger mark at Palia Kalan (Kheri) while Ghaghra was flowing close to the red mark at Elgin bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar and Rapti at Siddhartnagar and Gorakhpur.
Burhi Rapti was flowing above the red mark at Siddhartnagar though it was declining but Quano was flowing above the red mark all along in Chandradeep Ghat, Basti, Mukhlispur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why