Rain, thundershowers in many parts of UP
Lucknow: Moderate rain and thundershowers on Wednesday occurred in many parts of Uttar Pradesh where rivers Ganga, and Ghaghra were flowing near the danger mark.
While Sidhauli and Bhatpurawaghat received 5 cm each of rainfall, Fatehgarh and Dalmau received 4 cm each of rainfall. Jhansi, Baheri and Mirzapur received 3 cm each of rainfall, the MET department said.
The Central Water Commission said that Ganga was still flowing near the red mark at Fatehgarh and Ballia.
Sharda continued to flow above the danger mark at Palia Kalan (Kheri) while Ghaghra was flowing close to the red mark at Elgin bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar and Rapti at Siddhartnagar and Gorakhpur.
Burhi Rapti was flowing above the red mark at Siddhartnagar though it was declining but Quano was flowing above the red mark all along in Chandradeep Ghat, Basti, Mukhlispur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Bihar: This boy risks his life to save four students from drowning!
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”
- India's bid to join US alliance could irk China, Pakistan: Chinese media
- MUST WATCH: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni hit two monster sixes out of Florida stadium