Rain, thundershowers in many parts of UP
Lucknow: Moderate rain and thundershowers on Wednesday occurred in many parts of Uttar Pradesh where rivers Ganga, and Ghaghra were flowing near the danger mark.
While Sidhauli and Bhatpurawaghat received 5 cm each of rainfall, Fatehgarh and Dalmau received 4 cm each of rainfall. Jhansi, Baheri and Mirzapur received 3 cm each of rainfall, the MET department said.
The Central Water Commission said that Ganga was still flowing near the red mark at Fatehgarh and Ballia.
Sharda continued to flow above the danger mark at Palia Kalan (Kheri) while Ghaghra was flowing close to the red mark at Elgin bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar and Rapti at Siddhartnagar and Gorakhpur.
Burhi Rapti was flowing above the red mark at Siddhartnagar though it was declining but Quano was flowing above the red mark all along in Chandradeep Ghat, Basti, Mukhlispur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city