Rain, thundershowers in many parts of UP
Lucknow: Moderate rain and thundershowers on Wednesday occurred in many parts of Uttar Pradesh where rivers Ganga, and Ghaghra were flowing near the danger mark.
While Sidhauli and Bhatpurawaghat received 5 cm each of rainfall, Fatehgarh and Dalmau received 4 cm each of rainfall. Jhansi, Baheri and Mirzapur received 3 cm each of rainfall, the MET department said.
The Central Water Commission said that Ganga was still flowing near the red mark at Fatehgarh and Ballia.
Sharda continued to flow above the danger mark at Palia Kalan (Kheri) while Ghaghra was flowing close to the red mark at Elgin bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar and Rapti at Siddhartnagar and Gorakhpur.
Burhi Rapti was flowing above the red mark at Siddhartnagar though it was declining but Quano was flowing above the red mark all along in Chandradeep Ghat, Basti, Mukhlispur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!