Rain, thundershowers in many parts of UP
Lucknow: Moderate rain and thundershowers on Wednesday occurred in many parts of Uttar Pradesh where rivers Ganga, and Ghaghra were flowing near the danger mark.
While Sidhauli and Bhatpurawaghat received 5 cm each of rainfall, Fatehgarh and Dalmau received 4 cm each of rainfall. Jhansi, Baheri and Mirzapur received 3 cm each of rainfall, the MET department said.
The Central Water Commission said that Ganga was still flowing near the red mark at Fatehgarh and Ballia.
Sharda continued to flow above the danger mark at Palia Kalan (Kheri) while Ghaghra was flowing close to the red mark at Elgin bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar and Rapti at Siddhartnagar and Gorakhpur.
Burhi Rapti was flowing above the red mark at Siddhartnagar though it was declining but Quano was flowing above the red mark all along in Chandradeep Ghat, Basti, Mukhlispur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro to be launched today; Is Mi Notebook on the way too?
- Income Tax raid at AAP legislator's residence
- Bezwada Wilson, T M Krishna win Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Caribbean Premier League eyes US ahead of T20 games
- Mayawati slur row: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh spotted in Jharkhand – See pics