Ten constables suspended for playing Holi inside police station
Muzaffarnagar: Ten constables have been suspended and a Station House Officer has been shifted to police lines for dereliction of duty after the constables were found playing Holi inside a police station.
The constables were Friday suspended for playing with colours in a semi-clad state inside the Civil Line police station a day after Holi, SSP Manzil Saini said here on Saturday.
The SHO, Kamal Yadav, has been shifted to police lines, he said.
The constables against whom the action has been taken include Atul, Charan Singh, Rahtu Lal, Bablu, Tarachand, Amit Kumar, Ramgopal, Avnish and Altaf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic