Three more succumb to encephalitis in UP
Gorakhpur: With three more children
succumbing to encephalitis in eastern Uttar Pradesh, the death
toll from the viral disease has climbed to 635 this year, a
senior health official said on Tuesday.
"Three children have succumbed to the viral diseases over
the last 24 hours. The victims belonged to Gorakhpur, Basti
and Mahrajganj districts respectively," Additional Director
(Health) Diwakar Prasad said.
Prasad said that five new patients of encephalitis were
admitted to various government hospitals of Gorakhpur and
Basti divisions yesterday.
As many as 101 patients are undergoing treatment in these
hospitals, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened