Three more succumb to encephalitis in UP
Gorakhpur: With three more children
succumbing to encephalitis in eastern Uttar Pradesh, the death
toll from the viral disease has climbed to 635 this year, a
senior health official said on Tuesday.
"Three children have succumbed to the viral diseases over
the last 24 hours. The victims belonged to Gorakhpur, Basti
and Mahrajganj districts respectively," Additional Director
(Health) Diwakar Prasad said.
Prasad said that five new patients of encephalitis were
admitted to various government hospitals of Gorakhpur and
Basti divisions yesterday.
As many as 101 patients are undergoing treatment in these
hospitals, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love