Three more succumb to encephalitis in UP
Gorakhpur: With three more children
succumbing to encephalitis in eastern Uttar Pradesh, the death
toll from the viral disease has climbed to 635 this year, a
senior health official said on Tuesday.
"Three children have succumbed to the viral diseases over
the last 24 hours. The victims belonged to Gorakhpur, Basti
and Mahrajganj districts respectively," Additional Director
(Health) Diwakar Prasad said.
Prasad said that five new patients of encephalitis were
admitted to various government hospitals of Gorakhpur and
Basti divisions yesterday.
As many as 101 patients are undergoing treatment in these
hospitals, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma