UP govt announces financial help to Uttarakhand
Lucknow: Condoling the death of those killed in natural calamity in Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday announced financial help of Rs 25 crore to the neighbouring state.
"The CM has announced Rs 25 crore financial help to natural calamity-hit Uttarakhand state and asked people to provide help to the state in any way," an official release said here.
Yadav assured that the state government would provide all help for relief and rescue operation in Uttarakhand.
102 people were killed till yesterday in the flash floods triggered by incessant rains in Uttarakhand, while the toll in the calamity is likely to rise manifold as 500 people are still reported to be missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra