UP govt announces financial help to Uttarakhand
Lucknow: Condoling the death of those killed in natural calamity in Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday announced financial help of Rs 25 crore to the neighbouring state.
"The CM has announced Rs 25 crore financial help to natural calamity-hit Uttarakhand state and asked people to provide help to the state in any way," an official release said here.
Yadav assured that the state government would provide all help for relief and rescue operation in Uttarakhand.
102 people were killed till yesterday in the flash floods triggered by incessant rains in Uttarakhand, while the toll in the calamity is likely to rise manifold as 500 people are still reported to be missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet