UP govt announces financial help to Uttarakhand
Lucknow: Condoling the death of those killed in natural calamity in Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday announced financial help of Rs 25 crore to the neighbouring state.
"The CM has announced Rs 25 crore financial help to natural calamity-hit Uttarakhand state and asked people to provide help to the state in any way," an official release said here.
Yadav assured that the state government would provide all help for relief and rescue operation in Uttarakhand.
102 people were killed till yesterday in the flash floods triggered by incessant rains in Uttarakhand, while the toll in the calamity is likely to rise manifold as 500 people are still reported to be missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH