UP govt mulls increase of old-age, widow pensions
Lucknow: Concerned over the price rise, the Uttar Pradesh government on Friday said it was considering an increase in old-age and widow pensions.
The government, in reply to a question raised by BJP MLA Shyamdeo Roy Chowhdury in the state Assembly, said that it was considering increasing old-age and widow pensions, which had not been increased since 2007.
Minister Balram Singh Yadav said that discussions were going on with the Finance department for increasing the pensions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Research for 'Veerappan' took 15 years: Ram Gopal Varma
- ICSE ISC Results 2016: CISCE.org Board Class 10th (X) & 12th (XII) Result is likely to be declared on May 6, 2016
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500
- DHSE Kerala HSC (+2) Result 2016: Keralaresults.nic.in Class 12th Plus two Result 2016 Kerala Board is likely to be declared on May 9, 2016
- Time flies! Emraan Hashmi reminisces four years of 'Jannat 2'