UP govt mulls increase of old-age, widow pensions
Lucknow: Concerned over the price rise, the Uttar Pradesh government on Friday said it was considering an increase in old-age and widow pensions.
The government, in reply to a question raised by BJP MLA Shyamdeo Roy Chowhdury in the state Assembly, said that it was considering increasing old-age and widow pensions, which had not been increased since 2007.
Minister Balram Singh Yadav said that discussions were going on with the Finance department for increasing the pensions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air