UP govt mulls increase of old-age, widow pensions
Lucknow: Concerned over the price rise, the Uttar Pradesh government on Friday said it was considering an increase in old-age and widow pensions.
The government, in reply to a question raised by BJP MLA Shyamdeo Roy Chowhdury in the state Assembly, said that it was considering increasing old-age and widow pensions, which had not been increased since 2007.
Minister Balram Singh Yadav said that discussions were going on with the Finance department for increasing the pensions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM