Flood-hit people in Chamoli not getting getting compensation: BJP leader
Dehradun: BJP leader Bhuvan Chandra Khanduri alleged that flood hit people of Pindar area from Nalgaon-Narayan Bagad to Tharali in Chamoli district were not getting compensation from authorities. He said on Thursday said there should be no discrimination against people in Uttarakhand.
Many villages are these areas are suffering from food grain shortage, Khanduri said in a statement.
The state government must show sensitivity towards people who have lost everything in the tragedy and ask authorities to evenly distribute relief in affected villages, he said.
Taking exception to alleged distribution of stale food in villages under Agastya Muni block, the former chief minister urged the state government to supply adequate food items to villages entirely cut off due to damaged roads and expedite distribution of compensation among affected people.
Khanduri, who has toured the affected areas, also said there was paucity of doctors in villages and advised the state government to engage doctors from other states for the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karan Johar visits 'Befikre' sets, gets emotional cherishing 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' days!
- Bizarre: Man puts wife at stake in IPL gambling, loses her
- Awesome! Taapsee Pannu gives a dose of royal purple to her gorgeous tresses! – See pic
- Stunner Shilpa Shetty gives ultimate 'summer fashion' goals in crisp white!
- Is Delhi on terror radar? This week's bus explosion in Haryana hints at 'something big'