Flood-hit people in Chamoli not getting getting compensation: BJP leader
Dehradun: BJP leader Bhuvan Chandra Khanduri alleged that flood hit people of Pindar area from Nalgaon-Narayan Bagad to Tharali in Chamoli district were not getting compensation from authorities. He said on Thursday said there should be no discrimination against people in Uttarakhand.
Many villages are these areas are suffering from food grain shortage, Khanduri said in a statement.
The state government must show sensitivity towards people who have lost everything in the tragedy and ask authorities to evenly distribute relief in affected villages, he said.
Taking exception to alleged distribution of stale food in villages under Agastya Muni block, the former chief minister urged the state government to supply adequate food items to villages entirely cut off due to damaged roads and expedite distribution of compensation among affected people.
Khanduri, who has toured the affected areas, also said there was paucity of doctors in villages and advised the state government to engage doctors from other states for the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video