No Kedarnath-Badrinath pilgrimage for three years
Dehradun: Pilgrimage to the shrines of Kedarnath and Badrinath in Uttarakhand cannot resume for three years due to extensive damage caused by heavy rains and floods, an official said on Thursday.
Officials of the two shrines say the two places have been so badly devastated that there was nothing "but mud, devastation and death" around the highly revered temples visited by millions.
B D Singh, chief executive Officer of the Badrinath-Kedarnath Temple Committee, said that the chances of reviving the pilgrimage "for the next few years" were grim.
"What we are seeing is very painful and unbelievable," he said. "We don`t expect the Char Dham Yatra to resume in the next three years."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda