Three-day state mourning declared in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government on Thursday declared a three-day state mourning in view of the calamity triggered by incessant rains in the state.
"Massive damages have been caused to life and property by the flash floods and landslides brought by torrential rains in their wake. A three-day state mourning from June 20-22 has been declared in view of the tragedy," Secretary, Administration, SS Negi said.
The tricolour will fly at half-mast on government buildings and institutions during the period.
No inaugural or ceremonial functions will be held across the state during the period, he said.
Meanwhile, the Disaster Mitigation and Management Centre today reopened many roads blocked by landslides including Joshimath-Karnaprayag, Rishikesh-Uttarakshi, Dharasu-Chamba, Gochar,Rudraparayag-Shrinagar-Rishikesh, Pauri-Kotdwar, Guptkashi-Mayali-Tibtiya-Tehri, Uttarkashi-Chinyalisaur, Karnaparayag-Ranikhet-Kathgodam, Dharasu-Badkot- Damra-Dehradun.
Other roads which have been reopened are Mayali-Tiwara-Rudraprayag, Chainyalisaur-Subakholi-Mussoorie, Ghansali-Tipri-Devprayag, Ghansali- Tipri- New Tehri, Tehri-Chamba-Mussorie, Chamba-Rishikesh and Tuni-Chakrata -Sahiya-Kalsi-Dehradun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report