Three-day state mourning declared in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government on Thursday declared a three-day state mourning in view of the calamity triggered by incessant rains in the state.
"Massive damages have been caused to life and property by the flash floods and landslides brought by torrential rains in their wake. A three-day state mourning from June 20-22 has been declared in view of the tragedy," Secretary, Administration, SS Negi said.
The tricolour will fly at half-mast on government buildings and institutions during the period.
No inaugural or ceremonial functions will be held across the state during the period, he said.
Meanwhile, the Disaster Mitigation and Management Centre today reopened many roads blocked by landslides including Joshimath-Karnaprayag, Rishikesh-Uttarakshi, Dharasu-Chamba, Gochar,Rudraparayag-Shrinagar-Rishikesh, Pauri-Kotdwar, Guptkashi-Mayali-Tibtiya-Tehri, Uttarkashi-Chinyalisaur, Karnaparayag-Ranikhet-Kathgodam, Dharasu-Badkot- Damra-Dehradun.
Other roads which have been reopened are Mayali-Tiwara-Rudraprayag, Chainyalisaur-Subakholi-Mussoorie, Ghansali-Tipri-Devprayag, Ghansali- Tipri- New Tehri, Tehri-Chamba-Mussorie, Chamba-Rishikesh and Tuni-Chakrata -Sahiya-Kalsi-Dehradun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users