Uttarakhand situation may worsen: NDRF
New Delhi: The already grave situation in Uttarakhand may worsen with more landslides as the hillsides have become weak following incessant rain, the NDRF said Monday.
"Both rain and landslides are problems. Hills have become weak... if there is more rain, there is risk of the hills collapsing," a spokesperson of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF)said.
"More rain will cause flood, and after that, collapsing hills may cause a problem," he said.
NDRF is managing the rescue operations in flood-hit Uttarakhand, along with the army and Indo-Tibetan Border Police. The spokesperson said two rescue teams that have been moved are "lighter teams".
"There are lots of equipment we cannot use right now... (we) will move in the heavy team later," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India