Bansal refutes TMC charge that WB has been neglected
New Delhi: Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal on Tuesday said he is surprised by the allegation of Trinamool Congress (TMC) that West Bengal has been neglected in the Rail Budget and said he had given 14 new trains to the state.
"I am surprised that they (TMC) are saying West Bengal has been neglected...Trinamool Congress has been presenting the Rail Budget in the past. They should know better," Bansal told reporters after presenting the Budget in Parliament.
"TMC`s criticism is not justified. They did not listen to my speech," he said.
Opposing the Budget, TMC members had trooped into the Well of Lok Sabha during the speech of Bansal who had twice referred to "my learned predecessors" that included Railway Ministers belonging to Trinamool Congress. Dinesh Trivedi and Mukul Roy (both TMC) had as Railway Minister floated the idea of segregating fuel component from passenger and freight tariff.
Giving details of projects given to West Bengal in the Budget, he said funds have been allotted for the East-West Metro Corridor in Kolkata, seven new trains have been introduced, seven trains been extended and frequencies of two trains have been increased.
On BJP terming the Rail Budget as "Rae Bareli Budget", Bansal said, "We have tried to accomodate demands from every part of the country. If they have anathema towards Rae Bareli, I cannot help it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued