Bansal refutes TMC charge that WB has been neglected
New Delhi: Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal on Tuesday said he is surprised by the allegation of Trinamool Congress (TMC) that West Bengal has been neglected in the Rail Budget and said he had given 14 new trains to the state.
"I am surprised that they (TMC) are saying West Bengal has been neglected...Trinamool Congress has been presenting the Rail Budget in the past. They should know better," Bansal told reporters after presenting the Budget in Parliament.
"TMC`s criticism is not justified. They did not listen to my speech," he said.
Opposing the Budget, TMC members had trooped into the Well of Lok Sabha during the speech of Bansal who had twice referred to "my learned predecessors" that included Railway Ministers belonging to Trinamool Congress. Dinesh Trivedi and Mukul Roy (both TMC) had as Railway Minister floated the idea of segregating fuel component from passenger and freight tariff.
Giving details of projects given to West Bengal in the Budget, he said funds have been allotted for the East-West Metro Corridor in Kolkata, seven new trains have been introduced, seven trains been extended and frequencies of two trains have been increased.
On BJP terming the Rail Budget as "Rae Bareli Budget", Bansal said, "We have tried to accomodate demands from every part of the country. If they have anathema towards Rae Bareli, I cannot help it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp