Bird hit Emirates flight lands under emergency conditions
Kolkata: A Kolkata-Dubai Emirates flight with 296 passengers on board suffered a bird hit and returned shortly after take-off from NSC Bose International Airport, where it landed safely under emergency conditions.
All the passengers and crew members were safe, airport sources said.
The left wing of the plane appeared to have taken a bird hit, when the aircraft started picking up speed. The pilot then contacted the ATC and sought permission to return, which was granted.
After the plane landed, it was found that a bird had entered the engine, the sources said.
The incident occurred at about 9 AM. Engineers were engaged in fixing the problem, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS