Bird hit Emirates flight lands under emergency conditions
Kolkata: A Kolkata-Dubai Emirates flight with 296 passengers on board suffered a bird hit and returned shortly after take-off from NSC Bose International Airport, where it landed safely under emergency conditions.
All the passengers and crew members were safe, airport sources said.
The left wing of the plane appeared to have taken a bird hit, when the aircraft started picking up speed. The pilot then contacted the ATC and sought permission to return, which was granted.
After the plane landed, it was found that a bird had entered the engine, the sources said.
The incident occurred at about 9 AM. Engineers were engaged in fixing the problem, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why