Kolkata Metro to don a new look this Durga Puja
Kolkata: With two months to go for Durga Puja, Kolkata Metro Railways has started off a slew of projects to revamp and light up the Metro corridor across the eastern metropolis, an official said on Friday.
The Metro railway has undertaken new ventures to spruce up the stations by installing escalators, LED lights and glow signboards ahead of Durga Puja, Bengal`s biggest festival.
"We are installing escalators, LEDs and glow signboards in the stations," Metro Railway Deputy General Manager Protyush Ghosh told a news agency.
As many as 64 escalators will be installed at various Metro stations, of which Esplanade, located in the heart of the city, will get the maximum of 10.
Work has started on putting up LED lights to give a new look to the Belgachia and Esplanade stations.
To help passengers at the Rabindra Sadan station, which is being modernised on the lines of Delhi airport, glow signboards listing the Dos and Don`ts will be installed at a number of places.
There will also be a large number of directional arrows to guide commuters to exit gates.
To enable the commuters know the balance in their smart cards, a card balance checking terminus has already been installed, said Ghosh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog