Mamata firm on not supporting Cong in RS polls
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata
Banerjee today defended her party`s decision not to support
Congress nominees in the Rajya Sabha elections from West
As the Trinamool Congress gave a seat to the Congress in
the earlier election to the upper House, the party was this
time expected to support the Trinamool in this election,
Banerjee also West Bengal Chief Minister said after all four
party nominees filed their papers for the March 30 elections.
Union minister of state for shipping and the party`s
all-India general secretary Mukul Roy, besides three
journalists - Kunal Ghosh, Nadimul Haque and Vivek Gupta -
filed their papers before the Assembly secretary in the
presence the Trinamool chief.
Of them, Roy has been renominated for a second term.
She said that Trinamool Congress in the past has given
tickets to people from various walks of life, journalists,
intellectuals, doctors, engineers and retired IPS and IAS
Wishing them success, the chief minister said, "I am
happy. I hope they will speak on behalf of Ma, Mati,
Manush and work hard to serve the people".
"Those we have sent for the election are very practical
persons from the point of view of human development", she
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read