Mob sets two trucks on fire, beat up helper, cops
Barasat: A mob Wednesday set two trucks on fire and beat up a helper and some policemen after a truck hit a 10-year-old boy who died on the spot at Phultola area in North 24 Parganas district today, police sources said.
Two trucks were racing against each other when one of the trucks lost control and hit a 10-year-old-boy who was walking on the roadside at Phultola under Habra police station area, the sources said.
A mob then gathered on the spot and set both the trucks on fire and caught hold of one of the helpers of the truck as both the drivers had fled and started beating him up, they said.
When a police team went to the spot the mob turned their ire on the police team and beat some of them, sources said.
The injured helper has been admitted to Habra hospital, sources said adding police reinforcements have been rushed to the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui