Mob sets two trucks on fire, beat up helper, cops
Barasat: A mob Wednesday set two trucks on fire and beat up a helper and some policemen after a truck hit a 10-year-old boy who died on the spot at Phultola area in North 24 Parganas district today, police sources said.
Two trucks were racing against each other when one of the trucks lost control and hit a 10-year-old-boy who was walking on the roadside at Phultola under Habra police station area, the sources said.
A mob then gathered on the spot and set both the trucks on fire and caught hold of one of the helpers of the truck as both the drivers had fled and started beating him up, they said.
When a police team went to the spot the mob turned their ire on the police team and beat some of them, sources said.
The injured helper has been admitted to Habra hospital, sources said adding police reinforcements have been rushed to the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?