Mob sets two trucks on fire, beat up helper, cops
Barasat: A mob Wednesday set two trucks on fire and beat up a helper and some policemen after a truck hit a 10-year-old boy who died on the spot at Phultola area in North 24 Parganas district today, police sources said.
Two trucks were racing against each other when one of the trucks lost control and hit a 10-year-old-boy who was walking on the roadside at Phultola under Habra police station area, the sources said.
A mob then gathered on the spot and set both the trucks on fire and caught hold of one of the helpers of the truck as both the drivers had fled and started beating him up, they said.
When a police team went to the spot the mob turned their ire on the police team and beat some of them, sources said.
The injured helper has been admitted to Habra hospital, sources said adding police reinforcements have been rushed to the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr