Mob sets two trucks on fire, beat up helper, cops
Barasat: A mob Wednesday set two trucks on fire and beat up a helper and some policemen after a truck hit a 10-year-old boy who died on the spot at Phultola area in North 24 Parganas district today, police sources said.
Two trucks were racing against each other when one of the trucks lost control and hit a 10-year-old-boy who was walking on the roadside at Phultola under Habra police station area, the sources said.
A mob then gathered on the spot and set both the trucks on fire and caught hold of one of the helpers of the truck as both the drivers had fled and started beating him up, they said.
When a police team went to the spot the mob turned their ire on the police team and beat some of them, sources said.
The injured helper has been admitted to Habra hospital, sources said adding police reinforcements have been rushed to the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi