Mob sets two trucks on fire, beat up helper, cops
Barasat: A mob Wednesday set two trucks on fire and beat up a helper and some policemen after a truck hit a 10-year-old boy who died on the spot at Phultola area in North 24 Parganas district today, police sources said.
Two trucks were racing against each other when one of the trucks lost control and hit a 10-year-old-boy who was walking on the roadside at Phultola under Habra police station area, the sources said.
A mob then gathered on the spot and set both the trucks on fire and caught hold of one of the helpers of the truck as both the drivers had fled and started beating him up, they said.
When a police team went to the spot the mob turned their ire on the police team and beat some of them, sources said.
The injured helper has been admitted to Habra hospital, sources said adding police reinforcements have been rushed to the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video