Three new trains flagged off in Kolkata
Kolkata: Three new trains of the South Eastern Railways were flagged off on Monday by the Minister of state for Railways Adhir Chowdhury.
The three trains were the Haldia-Anand Vihar weekly Superfast Express, Santragachi-Bagnan EMU local and Santragachi-Panskura EMU local.
The Haldia-Anand Vihar Express will connect East Midnapur district with Delhi while the two EMUs will be immensely beneficial for the people of Bagnan and Panskura.
The minister also announced two more trains, Shalimar-Bhuj Weekly Superfast Express from April 20 and Mathnasipur- Masagram DEMU passenger from tomorrow.
The Shalimar-Bhuj Weekly Superfast Express will provide direct connectivity between West Bengal and Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city