Three new trains flagged off in Kolkata
Kolkata: Three new trains of the South Eastern Railways were flagged off on Monday by the Minister of state for Railways Adhir Chowdhury.
The three trains were the Haldia-Anand Vihar weekly Superfast Express, Santragachi-Bagnan EMU local and Santragachi-Panskura EMU local.
The Haldia-Anand Vihar Express will connect East Midnapur district with Delhi while the two EMUs will be immensely beneficial for the people of Bagnan and Panskura.
The minister also announced two more trains, Shalimar-Bhuj Weekly Superfast Express from April 20 and Mathnasipur- Masagram DEMU passenger from tomorrow.
The Shalimar-Bhuj Weekly Superfast Express will provide direct connectivity between West Bengal and Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- India's economy never been in stronger position than today: Parekh
- HP's privacy screen secures notebooks from visual hacking
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award
- Significance of why Lord Shiva wears tiger skin! Read more
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!