At least 18 die in China coal mine accident
Beijing: At least 17 people were today killed in a gas explosion ripped through a coal mine in southwest China`s Yunnan Province.
The coal and gas outburst occurred in a shaft of the Shangchang coal mine in Huangnihe township of Fuyuan County resulting in the death of the miners, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
According to preliminary investigation, sixty-six miners were underground when the mishap took place and 49 of them escaped unscathed from the mine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH