China: Shanghai market fire kills six
Beijing: Six people were killed and 12 others injured in a market fire in China`s commercial city of Shanghai, an official said on Monday.
Fire fighters had extinguished the fire last night at a farm produce wholesale market in Pudong new district of Shanghai, the district`s official said.
Rescuers have retrieved five bodies from the debris of the fire and all injured people have been hospitalized, said the microblog.
Rescuers are still searching for the casualties at the fire site, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Opening around the clock, the Shanghai agricultural products central wholesale market is the city`s largest wholesale market for farm produce and byproducts.
The fire broke out at a time when wholesalers inside the market were busy selling products to retailers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'