China: Shanghai market fire kills six
Beijing: Six people were killed and 12 others injured in a market fire in China`s commercial city of Shanghai, an official said on Monday.
Fire fighters had extinguished the fire last night at a farm produce wholesale market in Pudong new district of Shanghai, the district`s official said.
Rescuers have retrieved five bodies from the debris of the fire and all injured people have been hospitalized, said the microblog.
Rescuers are still searching for the casualties at the fire site, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Opening around the clock, the Shanghai agricultural products central wholesale market is the city`s largest wholesale market for farm produce and byproducts.
The fire broke out at a time when wholesalers inside the market were busy selling products to retailers.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan