China: Shanghai market fire kills six
Beijing: Six people were killed and 12 others injured in a market fire in China`s commercial city of Shanghai, an official said on Monday.
Fire fighters had extinguished the fire last night at a farm produce wholesale market in Pudong new district of Shanghai, the district`s official said.
Rescuers have retrieved five bodies from the debris of the fire and all injured people have been hospitalized, said the microblog.
Rescuers are still searching for the casualties at the fire site, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Opening around the clock, the Shanghai agricultural products central wholesale market is the city`s largest wholesale market for farm produce and byproducts.
The fire broke out at a time when wholesalers inside the market were busy selling products to retailers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what