China shuts over 200 microblogs for pornography
Beijing: China has shut down 206 microblogs for distributing pornographic and vulgar content.
The investigations were carried out following tips from people, said the State Internet Information Office (SIIO).
All of the accounts were registered at four of China`s largest microblogging sites - Sina.com.cn, Sohu.com, 163.com and QQ.com - with 130 accounts set up through Sina, reported Xinhua.
The SIIO has urged the country`s microblog providers and Internet portals to fulfil their legal and social obligations and "refuse to be used as a platform to spread obscene material".
"The SIIO and other departments will strengthen supervision over microblogs and other technology-based content in accordance with laws and regulations," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh