Extreme heat brings `dead` man back to life in China
Beijing: A Chinese vendor`s scheme to forge his own death for financial gain was busted after the heat in central China`s Hubei Province proved too much for him to bear.
The incident occurred around 4 p.m. Saturday, when more than 10 men were holding the sheet-covered vendor`s "corpse" on a gurney in Wuhan, Xinhua reported.
They claimed that urban management workers had beaten the man to death and demanded tens of thousands of yuan in compensation, a worker with the city`s urban management committee said Monday.
More than 300 people gathered at the scene, and later, over 80 police officers were dispatched to maintain order there.
The crowd dispersed two hours later, when the "dead" vendor suddenly jumped up, grabbed a bottle of water and drank it before saying, "It`s too hot. I can`t bear it anymore."
The soft drink vendor, Han, and two others have been detained for disturbing public order.
China has been experiencing extreme heat waves. More than 10 people across the country died of heatstroke last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof