Extreme heat brings `dead` man back to life in China
Beijing: A Chinese vendor`s scheme to forge his own death for financial gain was busted after the heat in central China`s Hubei Province proved too much for him to bear.
The incident occurred around 4 p.m. Saturday, when more than 10 men were holding the sheet-covered vendor`s "corpse" on a gurney in Wuhan, Xinhua reported.
They claimed that urban management workers had beaten the man to death and demanded tens of thousands of yuan in compensation, a worker with the city`s urban management committee said Monday.
More than 300 people gathered at the scene, and later, over 80 police officers were dispatched to maintain order there.
The crowd dispersed two hours later, when the "dead" vendor suddenly jumped up, grabbed a bottle of water and drank it before saying, "It`s too hot. I can`t bear it anymore."
The soft drink vendor, Han, and two others have been detained for disturbing public order.
China has been experiencing extreme heat waves. More than 10 people across the country died of heatstroke last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister