Hezbollah ready to receive "game-changing weapons" from Syria
Beijing: Lebanese Hezbollah`s chief Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah warned Israel on Thursday that his militia is ready to receive "game-changing weapons" from Syria.
"Israel bombed Syria in order to say that continuing to back the resistance (against Israel) and supply it with military aid will lead to the downfall of the regime," Nasrallah said in a televised speech, referring to Israel`s airstrike on Syrian military facilities early Sunday.
"Israel knows that the source of strength of the resistance in Lebanon and Palestine is Syria, that`s why it wants to remove it from the equation and to besiege the resistance in Lebanon and Palestine," he said.
"Syria`s first response was the decision to grant the resistance `game-changing` weapons which it had never acquired in the past," he said.
On the recent Israeli attacks on military targets in and near Damascus, the Hezbollah chief said, "The objective (of the attacks) is to harm the capabilities of Syria and its Army and to remove it from the equation of the conflict with the enemy."
"Syria does not have a peace treaty with Israel, but there is a truce agreement and everyone knows what Syria has offered to resistance movements, especially the Palestinian resistance," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'