Hezbollah ready to receive "game-changing weapons" from Syria
Beijing: Lebanese Hezbollah`s chief Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah warned Israel on Thursday that his militia is ready to receive "game-changing weapons" from Syria.
"Israel bombed Syria in order to say that continuing to back the resistance (against Israel) and supply it with military aid will lead to the downfall of the regime," Nasrallah said in a televised speech, referring to Israel`s airstrike on Syrian military facilities early Sunday.
"Israel knows that the source of strength of the resistance in Lebanon and Palestine is Syria, that`s why it wants to remove it from the equation and to besiege the resistance in Lebanon and Palestine," he said.
"Syria`s first response was the decision to grant the resistance `game-changing` weapons which it had never acquired in the past," he said.
On the recent Israeli attacks on military targets in and near Damascus, the Hezbollah chief said, "The objective (of the attacks) is to harm the capabilities of Syria and its Army and to remove it from the equation of the conflict with the enemy."
"Syria does not have a peace treaty with Israel, but there is a truce agreement and everyone knows what Syria has offered to resistance movements, especially the Palestinian resistance," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!