Japanese nationals land on disputed Senkaku islands
Senkaku Islands (Japan): Amidst territorial dispute with China, a group of at least 10 Japanese nationalist activists landed on the disputed Senkaku islands, called Diaoyu in China on Sunday.
The activists reached the islands on a flotilla and then swam ashore to mourn war dead, as per a BBC report.
Both China and Japan claim sovereignty over the uninhabited islands, which China calls Diaoyu and Japan calls Senkaku.
Ownership of the islands would give either nation exclusive oil, mineral and fishing rights in surrounding waters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security