Japanese nationals land on disputed Senkaku islands
Senkaku Islands (Japan): Amidst territorial dispute with China, a group of at least 10 Japanese nationalist activists landed on the disputed Senkaku islands, called Diaoyu in China on Sunday.
The activists reached the islands on a flotilla and then swam ashore to mourn war dead, as per a BBC report.
Both China and Japan claim sovereignty over the uninhabited islands, which China calls Diaoyu and Japan calls Senkaku.
Ownership of the islands would give either nation exclusive oil, mineral and fishing rights in surrounding waters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs