Journalist working for Russian channel wounded in Syria
Moscow: A correspondent of Russia`s Arab-language satellite TV channel Rusiya Al-Yaum has received a gunshot wound in a suburb of Syrian capital Damascus, the channel reported.
Kamil Sakr and a group of journalists were heading to Damascus suburb Darayya Thursday.
The Syrian Army was conducting combat operations to establish control of the locality, and the journalists "came under intense fire" on one of the streets, Sakr told Rusiya Al-Yaum by phone.
Sakr also said a Syrian TV operator was slightly wounded.
At least 60,000 people have been killed in the Syrian conflict since March 2011, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- World Cup winning coach Luiz Felipe Scolari wants to succeed Roy Hodgson as new England manager
- Another jolt to BSP, senior party leader RK Chaudhary also accuses Mayawati of auctioning election ticket
- Gold price up Rs 100 at Rs 30,350 per ten grams; silver tops Rs 43k level
- Vadra should be prosecuted for alleged suicide, if it was assisted, of his father: Subramanian Swamy
- Sachin Tendulkar's latest tweet proves that wherever he goes, India follows - See pic inside!