Journalist working for Russian channel wounded in Syria
Moscow: A correspondent of Russia`s Arab-language satellite TV channel Rusiya Al-Yaum has received a gunshot wound in a suburb of Syrian capital Damascus, the channel reported.
Kamil Sakr and a group of journalists were heading to Damascus suburb Darayya Thursday.
The Syrian Army was conducting combat operations to establish control of the locality, and the journalists "came under intense fire" on one of the streets, Sakr told Rusiya Al-Yaum by phone.
Sakr also said a Syrian TV operator was slightly wounded.
At least 60,000 people have been killed in the Syrian conflict since March 2011, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city