Journalist working for Russian channel wounded in Syria
Moscow: A correspondent of Russia`s Arab-language satellite TV channel Rusiya Al-Yaum has received a gunshot wound in a suburb of Syrian capital Damascus, the channel reported.
Kamil Sakr and a group of journalists were heading to Damascus suburb Darayya Thursday.
The Syrian Army was conducting combat operations to establish control of the locality, and the journalists "came under intense fire" on one of the streets, Sakr told Rusiya Al-Yaum by phone.
Sakr also said a Syrian TV operator was slightly wounded.
At least 60,000 people have been killed in the Syrian conflict since March 2011, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured