Journalist working for Russian channel wounded in Syria
Moscow: A correspondent of Russia`s Arab-language satellite TV channel Rusiya Al-Yaum has received a gunshot wound in a suburb of Syrian capital Damascus, the channel reported.
Kamil Sakr and a group of journalists were heading to Damascus suburb Darayya Thursday.
The Syrian Army was conducting combat operations to establish control of the locality, and the journalists "came under intense fire" on one of the streets, Sakr told Rusiya Al-Yaum by phone.
Sakr also said a Syrian TV operator was slightly wounded.
At least 60,000 people have been killed in the Syrian conflict since March 2011, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter