North Korea warns South of `final destruction` at UN debate
London: North Korea has warned South Korea of `final destruction` during a debate at the United Nations meeting.
A North Korean diplomat Jon Yong Ryong said during the UN Conference on Disarmament that `South Korea`s erratic behaviour would only herald its final destruction`.
According to Sky news, Ryong`s comments drew quick criticism from other nations, including South Korea , France, Germany and Britain, whose ambassador Joanne Adamson said such language was `completely inappropriate`.
Spanish Ambassador Javier Gil Catalina said the comment appeared to be a breach of international law, the report said.
North Korea tested a nuclear bomb last week in defiance of UN resolutions.
Since then the country`s southern neighbour has warned it could strike the isolated state if it believed an attack was imminent.
Pyongyang said the aim of the test was to bolster its defences given the hostility of the United States, which has led a push to impose sanctions on North Korea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof