Now, Turkey searches Syria-bound Armenian plane
Ankara: Turkey`s foreign ministry spokesman says Turkish authorities are searching the cargo of an Armenian plane bound for Syria.
Selcuk Unal says Turkey granted the plane carrying aid for the Syrian city of Aleppo a permission to fly over its airspace only on condition it can search its cargo for possible military equipment.
Turkey forced a Syrian passenger plane flying from Moscow to Damascus to land in Ankara last week. Turkey says the Syrian Air plane was carrying military gear. Russia said that the equipment was spare parts for radar systems.
Syria and Turkey barred each other`s aircraft from flying over their territory over the weekend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Building a sports culture crucial to winning medals at Olympics: Pullela Gopichand
- Maharashtra, Haryana Assemblies unanimously ratify GST Bill
- India to grow at 7.6% in FY'17, GST to boost trade, investment: RBI
- South Africa hold 372-run lead over New Zealand despite top order collapse in second innings
- Government defers mega spectrum auction by 2 days to Oct 1