Now, Turkey searches Syria-bound Armenian plane
Ankara: Turkey`s foreign ministry spokesman says Turkish authorities are searching the cargo of an Armenian plane bound for Syria.
Selcuk Unal says Turkey granted the plane carrying aid for the Syrian city of Aleppo a permission to fly over its airspace only on condition it can search its cargo for possible military equipment.
Turkey forced a Syrian passenger plane flying from Moscow to Damascus to land in Ankara last week. Turkey says the Syrian Air plane was carrying military gear. Russia said that the equipment was spare parts for radar systems.
Syria and Turkey barred each other`s aircraft from flying over their territory over the weekend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'