Obama, Cameron to discuss Syria, Afghan transition
Washington: US President Barack Obama will meet visiting British Prime Minister David Cameron here to discuss the situation in Syria, Afghan transition and the upcoming G-8 summit, the White House has said.
"The Prime Minister`s visit will highlight the fundamental importance of the US-UK relationship - through which together we address a broad range of shared global and regional security concerns," the White House said of Obama`s meeting with Cameron later today.
After the meeting the two leaders are scheduled to address a joint news conference at the Rose Garden of the White House.
"As is always the case, when the President meets with Prime Minister Cameron, they will speak about a range of subjects. The relationship between our two nations is extraordinarily close, and we work and cooperate on matters across the international spectrum," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters.
The historic elections in Pakistan might figure in the talks between the two leaders.
Ahead of the Cameron`s visit, Downing Street said, "ending the bloody and brutal conflict in Syria" along with the upcoming G-8 Summit would be on top of his agenda in his (Cameron`s) meeting with Obama.
Obama-Cameroon meeting also comes ahead of the US President`s visit to Britain and Germany next month.
Obama will attend the G-8 Summit at Lough Erne, Northern Ireland, hosted by Cameron, from June 17-18.
"The Summit and related meetings will provide the President and his fellow world leaders an opportunity to address pressing economic, political, and security challenges around the globe and to promote the advancement of trade and greater transparency among G-8 members and the developing world," Carney said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi