Russia sends 13 tonnes of aid to quake-hit China
Moscow: A Russian emergencies ministry plane has delivered over 13 tonnes of humanitarian aid to the quake-hit Sichuan province in southwest China, the ministry said Sunday.
An Ilyushin Il-76 cargo plane delivered the aid to the Chengdu airport.
The 7-magnitude quake struck Lushan county of Ya`an city last week, killing about 200 people and injuring over 13,000.
In May 2008, Sichuan was struck by an 8-magnitude earthquake, the worst tremor to hit China in three decades, killing around 70,000 people and displacing 10 million.
China`s direct economic losses from the earthquake exceeded one trillion yuan (around $150 billion).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Twinkle Khanna slams Naseeruddin Shah online! - Know why
- Singapore-based company develops robot therapist to help relieve muscle strains
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh chairs high-level meeting in Kashmir
- India, Bangladesh border forces discuss issues in Tripura
- Four hospitals hit by air raids in Syria's Aleppo: Doctors