Syria claims rebels behind chemical weapon attack, gives evidence to Russia
Zee Media Bureau/Neha Attre
Damascus: The Syrian government has claimed that the rebel fighters in the war-torn country had used the chemical weapons in the attack that took place on August 21 and not the Syrian regime.
Evidence supporting the claim has been given to Russia, Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said on Wednesday. However, he refused to divulge any more details.
Ryabkov further alleged that the report blaming the Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s government was biased and one-sided and there were three instances of chemical attacks prior to this one which were not looked into.
Syria’s ally, Russia, supported Syria and also blamed the rebels for the August 21 attack in which US claims that over 1,000 people were killed.
After the UN report which confirmed that chemical attack did take place, West blamed the Syrian regime for it.
US had claimed that it is “inconceivable” that anyone except the Syria regime could have carried out the chemical weapons attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA