Syria clashes: Video shows rebels attacking key airbase
Syria: A video was released which showed that the Syrian rebels attacked a key airbase of Taftanz, in an attempt to gain control of it, as per a BBC report on Saturday.
The airbase lies in the northern region, and the move can prove vital as it is located between Aleppo and Damascus.
The video footage showed rebels attacking with multiple rocket launchers and other weapons. Several brigades of the Free Syrian Army and also the radical Islamist al-Nusra Front were reportedly part of this operation, as per a report.
The timing of the attack has raised concerns as it comes ahead of a crucial opposition meet in Qatar.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?