Ganguly apprehensive about Yuvraj`s comeback
New Delhi: Former India captain Sourav Ganguly is nervously hoping for Yuvraj Singh`s success in the Twenty20 World Cup and says two Internationals against New Zealand before the mega event should give a fair idea of how much the southpaw has recovered from cancer.
"The two matches against New Zealand will give us an idea of how much he has recovered. It would be wrong if I say I am not worried about his health. However, I am really happy that he has come back from a tough phase. I am sure he must be thrilled too,"
Many former cricketers, including Ganguly, had raised fears about Yuvraj`s fitness in the wake of his surprise selection in the T20 side announced earlier in the month.
Former India cricketer Sanjay Manjerekar, who also attended the event, said Yuvraj`s presence will inspire the team.
"Let`s be honest, it was an emotional decision to bring him back. It is difficult to imagine the trauma he has gone through. But the good thing is that he has shown eagerness to come back and will certainly boost the team`s morale," said Manjrekar.
Yuvraj will get the chance of some serious match practice in the two matches against New Zealand scheduled Sep 8 and 11. The World T20 will take place in Sri Lanka from Sep 18 to Oct 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'