Ganguly apprehensive about Yuvraj`s comeback
New Delhi: Former India captain Sourav Ganguly is nervously hoping for Yuvraj Singh`s success in the Twenty20 World Cup and says two Internationals against New Zealand before the mega event should give a fair idea of how much the southpaw has recovered from cancer.
"The two matches against New Zealand will give us an idea of how much he has recovered. It would be wrong if I say I am not worried about his health. However, I am really happy that he has come back from a tough phase. I am sure he must be thrilled too,"
Many former cricketers, including Ganguly, had raised fears about Yuvraj`s fitness in the wake of his surprise selection in the T20 side announced earlier in the month.
Former India cricketer Sanjay Manjerekar, who also attended the event, said Yuvraj`s presence will inspire the team.
"Let`s be honest, it was an emotional decision to bring him back. It is difficult to imagine the trauma he has gone through. But the good thing is that he has shown eagerness to come back and will certainly boost the team`s morale," said Manjrekar.
Yuvraj will get the chance of some serious match practice in the two matches against New Zealand scheduled Sep 8 and 11. The World T20 will take place in Sri Lanka from Sep 18 to Oct 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price