Lehmann says Australia to reprise brutal fast bowling plan against Test tailenders
Sydney: Australian head coach Darren Lehmann has warned that his team will reprise their brutal fast bowling plan used during the winter Ashes against every tailender in Test cricket.
Australia took inspiration from legendary former West Indian bowling attacks when its fast bowlers repeatedly bounced and intimidated the English tailenders during the winter`s 5-0 Ashes whitewash.
According to News.com.au, Lehmann said that Australia`s quicks would be looking to strike fear into the hearts of every tailender in Test cricket, adding that it is his and captain Michael Clarke`s view, which have been approved by all the bowlers and the bowling coaches.
The report mentioned that Australia`s Twenty20 team is currently on a World Cup mission but Lehmann is also looking forward to the next Test battles, with two Tests against Pakistan in the UAE in October/November and the winter`s home four- Test series against India.
Although the `bounce the tailenders` plan was conjured especially for England, but Lehmann said that it can work just as well against every other rival nation given that Australia has an impressive armoury of bowlers with high pace, including Mitchell Johnson, Ryan Harris and James Pattinson
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rio Olympics should be moved or postponed due to Zika, suggest experts
- Mehbooba Mufti hints no separate colonies for Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in
- Chidambaram wonders if Modi govt 'deserves' RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan
- Iran`s supreme leader Khamenei warns of Western 'schemes' as new MPs meet