Pietersen accused of advising Proteas’ pacers in ‘vile’ texts to go ‘round wicket’ to dismiss Straus
London: English cricketer Kevin Pietersen, who sent vile text messages to players in the South African team, apparently also suggested them how to dismiss England captain Andrew Strauss from the wickets.
According to the Daily Mail, the Sunday Times has claimed that in one of the text messages sent by Pietersen, he is understood to have suggested the Proteas’ players during the second Test at Leeds that South Africa``s bowlers go round the wicket at Strauss.
Dale Steyn dismissed Strauss using this tactic in the first innings, while Morne Morkel dismissed Strauss in the same fashion during the Oval Test.
Pietersen, who is fighting to save his international career, apparently sent a series of the texts to the Proteas’ players, in which one also contained a vile attack on Strauss, calling him a ‘dumb c***’.
Although Pietersen, 32, issued a carefully worded apology after the scandal broke last week, he has been warned he will not even be considered for England duties again unless he divulges the full content of all the texts,
Pietersen is understood to have sent the messages to South African stars AB de Villiers and Dale Steyn during the second drawn Test in Leeds that culminated in a press conference in which Pietersen highlighted divisions within the dressing room, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipul Sharma: What you need to know about SunRisers Hyderabad's gamechanger
- Women too post sexist comments on Twitter, reveals study
- Thai man whose penis was bitten by 10-foot long python in toilet recovering
- IPL 9: How 'injured' Ashish Nehra is helping SunRisers Hyderabad bowlers!
- CBSE class 10th results 2016 declared; with 96.36% pass percentage, girls outshine boys