Sangakkara banks on home advantage at ICC World Twenty20
Dubai: Former Sri Lanka captain Kumar Sangakkara believes playing at home will benefit his side because of their knowledge of local conditions and will also act as an added inspiration for them to win the ICC World Twenty20 in September.
"I think we have got some great players. Whoever makes the final squad will be the best available players to make up the combination to help us win the ICC World Twenty20. Knowing our conditions, playing at home is going to be an added buzz and an added inspiration,"
However, Sangakkara thinks preparation for the tournament is going to be the key for Sri Lanka during the tournament.
"Preparation is going to be very important. Then it becomes less of a lottery and more about performing consistently. Of course T20 changes in a matter of a couple of deliveries and an over here or there can shift momentum or you can also lose your game," he said.
Sangakkara said he feels lucky to have played in an era in which his team has done well both home and away.
"Playing two ICC Cricket World Cup finals and an ICC World Twenty20 final has been incredible," says Sangakkara.
Sri Lankan captain Mehela Jaywardena echoes Sangakkara`s views as he credits the spirit in Sri Lanka team for all the success in the last decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set