Arsenal playmaker Wilshere reacted to children jibes
London: The abusive hand gesture Jack Wilshere directed at Manchester City fans this month was a reaction to jibes about his children, the Arsenal and England midfielder explained on Tuesday.
The 21-year-old said he regretted his reaction, which resulted in a two-game suspension, and he would have to learn his lesson.
"Suppose I will just have to take the abuse about my kids in future," Wilshere said on his Twitter account.
"Anyway, one more game to go! Can`t wait to be back."
Having missed second-placed Arsenal`s goalless draw with Chelsea on Monday, Wilshere will complete his ban by sitting out Thursday`s Premier League visit to West Ham United.
The player will be back for the match at Newcastle United on Sunday.
Arsenal were beaten 6-3 by City at the Etihad Stadium on December 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?