Arsenal playmaker Wilshere reacted to children jibes
London: The abusive hand gesture Jack Wilshere directed at Manchester City fans this month was a reaction to jibes about his children, the Arsenal and England midfielder explained on Tuesday.
The 21-year-old said he regretted his reaction, which resulted in a two-game suspension, and he would have to learn his lesson.
"Suppose I will just have to take the abuse about my kids in future," Wilshere said on his Twitter account.
"Anyway, one more game to go! Can`t wait to be back."
Having missed second-placed Arsenal`s goalless draw with Chelsea on Monday, Wilshere will complete his ban by sitting out Thursday`s Premier League visit to West Ham United.
The player will be back for the match at Newcastle United on Sunday.
Arsenal were beaten 6-3 by City at the Etihad Stadium on December 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf