Cruz targets United clash for City debut
Manchester: Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz is eyeing his club’s next month derby clash against bitter rivals Manchester United to make his debut for Mark Hughes’ side.
Santa Cruz joined City in a 17 million pounds (24 million euros) transfer from Blackburn during the close-season, but the Paraguay star has been unable to play after undergoing knee surgery in April.
The 27-year-old has been making good progress recently however and Hughes expects the former Bayern Munich player to be back in time for his team`s trip to Old Trafford on September 20.
"We are talking about two or three weeks," Hughes told City`s website.
"I don`t like to put games as a target because it is difficult to predict but the specialist is really pleased with his progress.”
"I imagine he will be available around the time of the United game, or the West Ham match immediately afterwards."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you