Cruz targets United clash for City debut
Manchester: Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz is eyeing his club’s next month derby clash against bitter rivals Manchester United to make his debut for Mark Hughes’ side.
Santa Cruz joined City in a 17 million pounds (24 million euros) transfer from Blackburn during the close-season, but the Paraguay star has been unable to play after undergoing knee surgery in April.
The 27-year-old has been making good progress recently however and Hughes expects the former Bayern Munich player to be back in time for his team`s trip to Old Trafford on September 20.
"We are talking about two or three weeks," Hughes told City`s website.
"I don`t like to put games as a target because it is difficult to predict but the specialist is really pleased with his progress.”
"I imagine he will be available around the time of the United game, or the West Ham match immediately afterwards."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'