Cruz targets United clash for City debut
Manchester: Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz is eyeing his club’s next month derby clash against bitter rivals Manchester United to make his debut for Mark Hughes’ side.
Santa Cruz joined City in a 17 million pounds (24 million euros) transfer from Blackburn during the close-season, but the Paraguay star has been unable to play after undergoing knee surgery in April.
The 27-year-old has been making good progress recently however and Hughes expects the former Bayern Munich player to be back in time for his team`s trip to Old Trafford on September 20.
"We are talking about two or three weeks," Hughes told City`s website.
"I don`t like to put games as a target because it is difficult to predict but the specialist is really pleased with his progress.”
"I imagine he will be available around the time of the United game, or the West Ham match immediately afterwards."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons
- Superstar Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' hits screens; fans disappointed as tickets sold out