Fergie looking upto Kagawa to replace ‘aging’ Scholes as Man U’s ‘midfield goal machine’
London: Manchester United boss Alex Fergusson is looking up to Japanese star striker Shinji Kagawa to replace Paul Scholes as the team’s midfield goal machine.
The Reds have lacked real firepower from the middle of the park ever since Scholes hit his early thirties.
“We have been low on goals from midfield in recent seasons. There was a time when Bryan Robson would give you a dozen goals and Paul Scholes in his heyday was good for ten,”
“Lately we have not seen that kind of tally. I believe Kagawa will put that right which, with the addition of Robin van Persie, should ensure we don’t lose any more titles on goal difference,” he added.
Kagawa arrived at Old Trafford with a reputation for finding the net. He scored 12 goals for previous club Borussia Dortmund two seasons ago and topped that with 17 last term, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what