Fergie looking upto Kagawa to replace ‘aging’ Scholes as Man U’s ‘midfield goal machine’
London: Manchester United boss Alex Fergusson is looking up to Japanese star striker Shinji Kagawa to replace Paul Scholes as the team’s midfield goal machine.
The Reds have lacked real firepower from the middle of the park ever since Scholes hit his early thirties.
“We have been low on goals from midfield in recent seasons. There was a time when Bryan Robson would give you a dozen goals and Paul Scholes in his heyday was good for ten,”
“Lately we have not seen that kind of tally. I believe Kagawa will put that right which, with the addition of Robin van Persie, should ensure we don’t lose any more titles on goal difference,” he added.
Kagawa arrived at Old Trafford with a reputation for finding the net. He scored 12 goals for previous club Borussia Dortmund two seasons ago and topped that with 17 last term, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand