‘Free Agent’ Michael Owen hopeful of finding new club before transfer window shuts
London: Michael Owen, who is a free agent after being released by Manchester United at the end of last season, hasn’t given up hope of finding a new club for himself before the transfer window shuts on August 31.
“A lot of things happen later on in the window when people are refreshing their squads,” said Owen, who could sign after the window as a free agent. I have been in contact with quite a few teams, and I definitely expect to be donning a new shirt soon,”
“I’ve spoken to quite a few teams and it’s a case of picking the best to suit me and my family. I’ve said before I’d prefer that to be in the Premier League and that remains the case,”
“Different things will form the basis of making the right choice. Location? It would be great if I could stay at home. The quality of the team, the manager, everything really, so hopefully I shall pick the right one,”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Most Germans fear terrorist attack after train axe assault: Poll
- My son didn't do anything wrong: Dayashankar Singh's mother
- Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt gunning for Russian ban at Rio; says move will scare drug cheats
- Video row: Speaker Mahajan hints at action even as Bhagwant Mann apologies
- Pakistan-origin British boxer Amir Khan says he will ruin Vijender Singh's career...