‘Free Agent’ Michael Owen hopeful of finding new club before transfer window shuts
London: Michael Owen, who is a free agent after being released by Manchester United at the end of last season, hasn’t given up hope of finding a new club for himself before the transfer window shuts on August 31.
“A lot of things happen later on in the window when people are refreshing their squads,” said Owen, who could sign after the window as a free agent. I have been in contact with quite a few teams, and I definitely expect to be donning a new shirt soon,”
“I’ve spoken to quite a few teams and it’s a case of picking the best to suit me and my family. I’ve said before I’d prefer that to be in the Premier League and that remains the case,”
“Different things will form the basis of making the right choice. Location? It would be great if I could stay at home. The quality of the team, the manager, everything really, so hopefully I shall pick the right one,”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Indians wildly celebrating two 'losing' medals? This British journalist terms it EMBARRASSING!
- Driverless cars on the horizon, but India far from ready
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte says Southeast Asia will insist China respects sea ruling
- PC shipment grew 7.2% in Q2 2016, HP leads: IDC
- Army asks police to find if drones being flown in Andaman and Nicobar Islands