Franck Ribery ruled out of Arsenal clash
Munich: Bayern Munich coach Jupp Heynckes will have to do without the services of Franck Ribery for the second-leg of their last-16 Champions League clash with Arsenal.
The France international featured for the full 90 minutes in Bayern`s 3-2 Bundesliga win over Fortuna Dusseldorf at the weekend and even scored the equaliser to make it 2-2 in the 73rd minute.
Nevertheless, he complained about pain in his left ankle after the match, and Bayern have now confirmed that he will not be match fit in time for Wednesday`s clash with the Gunners.
Ribery`s injury is yet another blow for Heynckes, who will also be without Bastian Schweinsteiger and Jerome Boateng due to suspension.
Bayern defend a 3-1 lead from the first leg at the Emirates Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter