Franck Ribery ruled out of Arsenal clash
Munich: Bayern Munich coach Jupp Heynckes will have to do without the services of Franck Ribery for the second-leg of their last-16 Champions League clash with Arsenal.
The France international featured for the full 90 minutes in Bayern`s 3-2 Bundesliga win over Fortuna Dusseldorf at the weekend and even scored the equaliser to make it 2-2 in the 73rd minute.
Nevertheless, he complained about pain in his left ankle after the match, and Bayern have now confirmed that he will not be match fit in time for Wednesday`s clash with the Gunners.
Ribery`s injury is yet another blow for Heynckes, who will also be without Bastian Schweinsteiger and Jerome Boateng due to suspension.
Bayern defend a 3-1 lead from the first leg at the Emirates Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Bihar flood toll rises to 22; 17 lakh people in 10 districts affected
- VIDEO! History-maker Kusal Mendis hits six to complete his century against Australia
- ISRO rocket launch postponed in wake of missing IAF aircraft search!
- What a talent! 'Kar chale hum fida' patriotic song by this street singer will give you goosebumps - WATCH
- Migrant arrivals inch up after failed Turkey coup: Greece