Manchester United determined not to sell Rooney
London: Premier League Champions Manchester United do not want to sell striker Wayne Rooney at any price as they believe selling him would undermine new manager David Moyes and damage the club`s status.
According to a report, United have taken the top-level decision that Rooney will not be sold to Chelsea no matter how much money is offered or whatever the potential risks of keeping an unhappy player.
Chelsea have already failed with two bids, offering 23 million pounds on 16 July and 25 million pounds on 4 August, and had been convinced United would eventually cave in rather than keep a player whose relationship with the club had deteriorated so badly, the report said.
On the contrary, the Glazer family is absolutely determined there will be a show of force at Old Trafford this summer and that means automatically rejecting any further Chelsea bid out of principle, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference