Tim Howard signs new deal with Everton
London: Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard signed a contract extension on Thursday which will keep him at the Premier League club until 2018.
Howard has been rewarded for another strong season which has seen the United States international produce a series of outstanding performances as the Toffees challenge for a Champions League place.
The 35-year-old`s previous deal has been extended by two years, ensuring he will remain at Goodison Park at least until the age of 39.
"It is fantastic news. To have Tim Howard performing as he has been this season, I cannot see past him to choose the best goalkeeper in the league," said Everton manager Roberto Martinez, whose side are in fifth place, one point behind Arsenal in the race for a top-four finish.
"For him, in such an important year with the World Cup around the corner, to commit his future for the long term is an incredible moment for the dressing room.
"On top of his goalkeeping it`s his overall demeanour and personality in the dressing room. He is a strong leader."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report