Tube strike threatens Fulham`s clash with Liverpool
London: Fulham have confirmed Wednesday`s Premier League match against Liverpool could be postponed because of strike action on the London Underground.
With staff taking industrial action there will be a reduced service on a number of lines, leaving Fulham concerned about the safety of supporters making their way to the club`s Craven Cottage stadium in west London.
In a statement on Monday, Fulham officials said: "The club can confirm that it is currently proceeding on the basis that the game will go ahead.
"However, the club has concerns over the potential impact that the strike may have on the ability of its safety staff to attend the ground in sufficient time and numbers to ensure that it is able to open the ground and effectively operate it, from the time that the gates are open to the public until the departure of all supporters.
"After consulting with the local authority and the Metropolitan Police, it has been decided that if the proposed action is still undetermined at 3pm (1500GMT) tomorrow (Tuesday), and the club cannot guarantee enough staff are available to attend the ground in sufficient time and numbers, then as a consequence the club would not be able to comply with the terms of its safety certificate and the fixture would be postponed and rescheduled for a future date.
"A further statement will be released at 3pm on Tuesday to confirm whether the game will go ahead or be postponed."
Arsenal are also scheduled to play in the English capital on Wednesday, but the Gunners have already confirmed they expect their match against Manchester United to go ahead as planned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31