Button wary of Hamilton’s Mercedes team’s performance in Barcelona tests
London: McLaren driver Jenson Button has said that he is wary of rival Lewis Hamilton’s Mercedes team over its consistently quick runs during the second day of testing in Barcelona.
The former Formula One champion, who was the second fastest racer in the test after being beaten by Lotus’ Romain Grosjean, who topped his time by nearly half a second, said that he was impressed by the pace of the Mercedes cars, although he said that he did not know who was the fastest racer in Mercedes.
However, Hamilton’s teammate Nico Rosberg ended one from bottom because he did not go out when the circuit was at its driest.
Admitting that it took time to make set-up changes at the test, Button said that although that is normal with a new car, it still cost his team a lot of time in the garage, which affected their progress at the circuit.
Adding that his team hoped to improve their set-up changes in the next two days, Button hoped that the final two days of winter testing will remain dry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof