Button wary of Hamilton’s Mercedes team’s performance in Barcelona tests
London: McLaren driver Jenson Button has said that he is wary of rival Lewis Hamilton’s Mercedes team over its consistently quick runs during the second day of testing in Barcelona.
The former Formula One champion, who was the second fastest racer in the test after being beaten by Lotus’ Romain Grosjean, who topped his time by nearly half a second, said that he was impressed by the pace of the Mercedes cars, although he said that he did not know who was the fastest racer in Mercedes.
However, Hamilton’s teammate Nico Rosberg ended one from bottom because he did not go out when the circuit was at its driest.
Admitting that it took time to make set-up changes at the test, Button said that although that is normal with a new car, it still cost his team a lot of time in the garage, which affected their progress at the circuit.
Adding that his team hoped to improve their set-up changes in the next two days, Button hoped that the final two days of winter testing will remain dry.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living