Button wary of Hamilton’s Mercedes team’s performance in Barcelona tests
London: McLaren driver Jenson Button has said that he is wary of rival Lewis Hamilton’s Mercedes team over its consistently quick runs during the second day of testing in Barcelona.
The former Formula One champion, who was the second fastest racer in the test after being beaten by Lotus’ Romain Grosjean, who topped his time by nearly half a second, said that he was impressed by the pace of the Mercedes cars, although he said that he did not know who was the fastest racer in Mercedes.
However, Hamilton’s teammate Nico Rosberg ended one from bottom because he did not go out when the circuit was at its driest.
Admitting that it took time to make set-up changes at the test, Button said that although that is normal with a new car, it still cost his team a lot of time in the garage, which affected their progress at the circuit.
Adding that his team hoped to improve their set-up changes in the next two days, Button hoped that the final two days of winter testing will remain dry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir