Clos to replace Karthikeyan for opening Spanish GP practice
Barcelona: HRT reserve driver Dani Clos will replace Narain Karthikeyan for Friday`s opening practice session of the Formula One Spanish Grand Prix.
Spanish driver Clos will step into the F112 for the first time after having completed 377.67 kilometres at the helm of HRT`s 2011 car in the Young Driver Test in Abu Dhabi last November and having joined the team as a reserve in February.
The 23-year-old will take the place of Indian teammate Karthikeyan for the first 90 minutes of practice at the Circuit de Catalunya. Karthikeyan will take over from Clos for the second session ahead of the third practice and qualifying Saturday and the race Sunday.
"I am delighted to have this opportunity. It is something I have fought for all my life; to make my debut in Formula 1 and, above all, to be able to do it at the home race which is something very special for me," said Clos.
"I am extremely lucky to be able to do it with a Spanish team, alongside another Spanish driver (Pedro de la Rosa) who I admire.
"I hope to extract a lot of data from this practice session, contribute with positive things to the team and do my job in the best way I can," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price