Ferrari damp hopes of new driver announcement at Italian Grand Prix
Johannesburg: Formula One side Ferrari has reportedly dampened hopes that it will be announcing a new driver at their home Italian Grand Prix next week, saying nothing is on the horizon yet.
According to Sport24, Monza, which is the last European race on the F1 calendar, is the site of big Ferrari announcements in the past, like seven-times champion Michael Schumacher`s decision to retire with Kimi Raikkonen replacing him.
The report further said that the Italian team had announced contract extensions for Raikkonen and Felipe Massa before the Monza race in 2008, although Fernando Alonso`s signing in 2009 was announced at the Japanese Grand Prix.
However, Ferrari`s anonymous `Horse Whisperer` column dismissed the hopes, saying that there are no announcements on the horizon as no decisions have yet been taken yet.
Meanwhile, the report said that the 2007 champion Raikkonen, who is now with Lotus, has also been linked to a possible return to the team he left in 2009 to make way for Alonso, although the Spaniard`s contract runs to the end of 2016.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey