Force India driver Di Resta on Ferrari’s radar to replace under-performing Massa
London: Force India driver Paul Di Resta is among the short listed candidates to replace under-performing Ferrari driver Felipe Massa in 2013.
According to the Daily Mirror, Ferrari had made enquiries about Di Resta’s contract during last month’s Chinese Grand Prix.
Brazilian driver Massa is set to get the kick, if he fails to improve for Ferrari in the remaining Formula One season.
The possibility of Mark Webber joining Ferrari has already been negated as their boss Christian Horner has already ruled out Webber making the switch to the sport’s glamour team.
Ferrari is dodgy over displeasing star performer Fernando Alonso by making a fortune bid for world champion Sebastian Vettel.
But Ferrari’s bosses are believed to be awed with Di Resta who beat Vettel when they were teammates in Formula 3, whose pace and consistency since arriving in F1 last year has raised a few eyebrows.
Di Resta has scored points finishes in three of the first four rounds this year and easily outshined highly-rated new teammate Nico Hulkenberg in a season he has already admitted could be ‘make or break’ for the two fledgling careers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda