Force India drivers seek faster car to match rivals
Greater Noida: Sahara Force India drivers Nico Hulkenberg and Paul di Resta are seeking a faster car to catch up with their mid-field rivals after the first two rounds of the Formula One season.
Force India did well to score points in Australia and Malaysia considering their qualifying performance was found wanting. The rain at the Sepang International Circuit Sunday helped the Silverstone-based outfit as they were the the only team to have brought both their cars in the top 10.
Di Resta said Malaysia was a great result for the team but they needed to a lot more to be competitive in dry conditions.
"Given the performance of the car, it was a huge success. The conditions in Sepang helped us," said di Resta here at the Buddh International Circuit.
Though it is very much early days, Sauber and Williams have shown better pace than Force India.
Sauber`s Sergio Perez surprised many with a second-place last weekend while Williams also look strong despite some missed chances in the opening races.
"It does make it tough for us (performance of rivals) . It looks it is not going to be an easy challenge," said di Resta, who came seventh after starting 14th in the last race..
"Hopefully, what we are doing back in the factory for the development of the car can get us the desired pace.
"We have some good packages coming up for the European races. The focus at the moment is we grab we every opportunity and get some points on the board. Thankfully, we have been able to do that so far," the Scot added.
Choosing to see the bright side, teammate Hulkenberg said the car had a lot of potential.
"Sauber, Williams look really strong. We need to develop the car as soon as possible to be able to fight them.
"Our car has a very good base line. A lot of potential to go faster. Paul and I are giving the inputs to the engineers and hopefully we will get the pace by the time we got to Europe."
Force India are sixth in the Constructors` Championship with nine points. Sauber and Williams stand at fifth and seventh place. Toro Rosso are eighth on six points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof