Force India to evaluate GP2 driver Calado at Silverstone
Silverstone: The Force India Formula 1 team will evaluate British GP2 racer James Calado at the Young Driver Test here July 17-19.
Calado has already driven the VJM06 during straight-line aero testing, but the Silverstone test will allow the 24-year-old to complete further mileage in an F1 car.
Calado will share driving duties with the team’s race drivers, Paul Di Resta and Adrian Sutil, across the three days.
Force India team principal Vijay Mallya said: "We are pleased to give James (Calado) the opportunity to test with us. As a graduate of the Racing Steps Foundation, his talent and determination have brought him to our attention and this is the ideal occasion to evaluate him further. The priority this week is to give the team a better understanding of the new Pirelli tyres due to be introduced next week in Budapest."
Calado won two GP2 races in 2012, one coming in the sprint race at Sepang, Malaysia and the other at Hockenheim, Germany.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan